Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Facebook invades Europe

Although Facebook started in the U.S., it has grown rapidly in Europe. "According to new data from comScore, Inc., which measures Internet use, Facebook now accounts for more than 4 percent of all minutes spent online in Europe — up from 1.1 percent a year ago." (CNN-http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/16/europe-goes-nuts-for-facebook/). As of February, Facebook had gown almost 314 percent from last year, and grew over 2700 percent in Italy alone. Showing that our neighbors across the pond are not that distant.

6 comments:

  1. I think this is a great example of how the internet is bringing the entire world together. Facebook is an easy and great way to connect with others. When I first got my Facebook one of my first friends was someone from England. I think that bringing the world together and using a site where connecting with someone is as easy as clicking your mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article like taylor said is proof that the world is becoming more modernized, and using other methods of connecting and talking to people. My whole family basically has a facebook and i spend a majority of my time while im online on facebook. This summary that Matt has shown demonstrates the growth of the internet and facebook throughout the years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook and others site like it that able people to chat/talk and exchange ideas about there culture and way of life is good. It help the younger generation to expand but seeing people from all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sonic that Facebook is definatly bringing the world together through the world wide web. From my personal expirience, Facebook is a lot easier to communicate than email, and with the benifits of a personal profile, new people can easily be met through this network. A new international bond can link nations togather in a friendly manor. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the other post. As time goes by technololgy expands. I think its great that the world will be able to interact with others to see their lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with basically all the older post before me it is a good thing that the world is becoming more modern. The internet has created many new possibilities such as e-mails, blogs, facebook, twitter, and whatever else is created.

    ReplyDelete